- Take the stairs instead of an elevator or escalator at school or the mall. Just start with one flight. Soon, you'll be ready for two.
- Park your car at the far end of the parking lot. The short walk to and from the store or school helps your heart.
- If you ride a bus or subway, get off a stop before your destination. Walk the rest of the way.
- If you can, spend a few minutes of your lunch break taking a stroll around the campus grounds. It should help you stay awake after lunch.
- Think of housework as an extra chance to exercise. Vacuuming briskly can be a real workout.
- Mowing the lawn, pulling weeds, and raking leaves are chores that can be done yourself as a chance to exercise.
- If you have a dog, think of the dog as an exercise machine with fur. A brisk walk with the dog is good for both of your hearts. Make it a part of your daily routine.
- If you have a family, schedule an after-dinner walk. Make it quality time.
Tips For Heart Health Tips Today
If you're not convinced about the need to develop an exercise program for your life, you can at least try following some of these tips in your everyday routine. Take advantage of any opportunity for exercise. Try some today.